Friday, November 21, 2008

Blackmail?

I found Lauren, Natalie and Peter quite attractive in this picture from Chloe's "mission farewell" party. I may or may not save it for future weddings. It all depends on whether or not I magically find some Utah-BYU tickets in my possession before the game tomorrow.


Alas, this picture brings to my being some painful memories. Lauren and I were looking for our dear mother at this party, and could not find her anywhere. We looked through the living room, squoze (squeezed? hmm) our way through the kitchen and over to the stairs where the extremely strange smell was lingering. We looked downstairs, outside. People told us, "She was just here" and pointed us in the direction she went. No luck. Someone said, "She's sitting on the porch next door at John's." When Lauren went over, Mother dear was mysteriously gone yet again. Mother is surprisingly sneaky despite her stumbling tendencies. Finally, upon giving up and about to shed some tears, we spotted her in the kitchen doing something.



Oh Mama! Thank goodness! We were two very scared little girls without our Moma.

4 comments:

Nedge said...

blackmail? Heck, that's whitemail! There's nothing bad in that picture that I can see. It's too small, anyway.

And the deliberation with "squoze" or "squeezed," I had the same trouble with writing my past post (weird). So I decided to look it up.
Everywhere on the internet, it says something different. Most sources say both are fine to use...

Nedge said...

The picture's bigger now! YEsssssssss! Now i can use it as blackmail too.

Lauren said...

It was just like that time you got us lost in Reams and I was crying and we couldn't find mom! Remember that????

Nedge said...

I like reams.