Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Sure, sure."

Fellow pining Twilight fans will appreciate this post's title, unless they're Jacob-haters.

Which, sadly, I used to be. But, since my second reading of the saga, I feel like I've grown empathetic for "the child," as Edward often refers to him. He pretty much saves Breaking Dawn, in my opinion. I much prefer listening to the story through his thoughts than through Bella's. He is so funny and way more logical than she is. The best parts are his chapter headings ("What do I look like? The Wizard of OZ? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have.").

Jasper, I think, would be an extremely interesting and entertaining narrator for the story.

Any other Twilight narrator suggestions?

7 comments:

Nedge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nedge said...

It's sad that the author of these series wrote them so poorly.

If she had any decent imagination, she would have let other characters narrate the story.
But in order to do that, you need a lot of brains to pass it off.

(I love The Poisonwood Bible because Kingsolver does an awesome job with the different voices and narration!)

Emily Stapley said...

I think Alice would be crazy interesting!!!! Don't you??

Emily Stapley said...

oh and i DO love your heading! Right when i read it, BAM jacob black was all over my mind! :)

mad dog said...

Nedge: Keep in mind: She IS a BYU grad. You just can't have many expectations for such a person. I say she did the best she could for her unfortunate situation.

Lauren said...

I would have to go with Carlile. He is fine!

Chris & Tara said...

Maddie! how have you been? It's been too dang long. I'm just going to ignore the blow to byu alum and say hi anyway.. you have always hated us cougars haven't you.. jk! what's new with you?