Thursday, February 5, 2009

I agree with John Lennon: I’m soooooo tired, I cannot stay awake

The other day at work I was sitting next to this girl. It was the afternoon. I am not kidding you when I say she yawned once every 10 seconds! I could tell she was devoting all her energy to holding her eyes open. She was restlessly clicking through the Internet and taking sips from her water bottle about every 30 seconds (every time she took a drink, she unscrewed the cap, and when she was done she screwed it back on only to repeat the process 25 seconds later.) Next came a sharp intake of air preceding a rather loud exhale (Yawn after yawn after yawn). After about 10 minutes of this I started twitching, and had to put my headphones on and turn up the music. For some reason, I have a hard time listening to people yawn without end. Maybe because it’s contagious, I don’t know.

Does anyone know that feeling, when you feel like you can’t help but yawn every 10 seconds? You’re usually bored, your throat starts to feel like it’s tightening or closing up, your eyelashes feel like they’ve got barbells tied in them, you kind of have hungry breath, and your brain starts twitching? You actually think about trying one of those high-caffiene-sugar-loaded-pee-colored-with-alcohol-hidden-inside drinks that come in the tall skinny cans? Well, at the moment, I am thankful for this feeling, because it lets me know I’m still alive!! (I read too many obituaries)

IN OTHER NEWS: One of my mother’s old flings from Cyprus High teaches institute here at USU! We wanted to take one of his classes, but they don’t really fit into our schedules. I’ll give you a hint at who he is: He STILL holds Utah Age Group swimming records, and I think he may hold some high school records as well. (In high school, he went .49 in the 100 yard butterfly!) He wrote lovey-dovey notes in my mom’s yearbooks that I’ve sneakily read!!!

I think all the Utah boys got kicked off American Idol. That includes the Osmond guy.

Utah Swimming hosts BYwho in a “Black Out” meet tomorrow!!! Fans are encouraged to wear black at the meet! I would give my right foot to be at that meet. GO UTES – KICK SOME UGLY COUGAR TRASH! GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE KEARNS HIGH ALUMNI!

I can’t keep up with everything going with the legislature.

Job-searching in this economy is scary.

4 comments:

Nedge said...

Aw, thanks! I'll swim my best for ya!!!

And my mom would love your job.

Lauren said...

Wow, I can tell you were a journalism major! You describe that tired feeling so well! I know what you mean though! I was so tired today! I came home from work at 1:00, and just crashed. It took me an hour and a half, to wake myself up!

Nedge said...

Even with knowing Jeff is in town?? Crazy.

My head at this very moment feels like lead lard. It's going to plummet if I'm not paying attention. Plummet right into the thinly veneered desk hiding the hard mdf underneath. Then I'll be out for hours. And hours. Or at least, I wish that would be the case. But nope. I'll wake up with a sore head.

(KLUNK!)

Bing Math said...

You write well!