Friday, December 14, 2007

These are my gators! Well, some of them anyways. They are the inspiritation for my blog. They are a great team and I love being their head coach. The best part of coaching for me is that I still have swimming in my life. My life just isn't complete without long boring swim meets to sit through! And how awesome to be able to be at a swim meet but not have to worry about swimming? I just get to cheer for, give pep talks to and coach the swimmers! I also get special treatment: people see my coach's credentials and I can go anywhere I want to. People also walk around pushing a cart of treats and food for the coaches! What a life.

But really, the greatest part is connecting with the swimmers. They seem to view me as a special sort of friend because I'm not a parent, teacher, or religious leader. I remember feeling this way about my coaches, and it's pretty cool.

Gosh, if only I would have majored in coaching.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

You are lucky you have a team that is respectful to you, and are not abused and overworked by your boss. I, however, have problems.

Oh yeah, I lost my credentials. Oh %*&#!

Lauren said...

Update your freaking blog! I know you have a life! Well, then again...

Emily Stapley said...

so the little fellow in the yellow cap is zakk ay?

Nedge said...

Is there a major in coaching? I was in the U bookstore today, and I glanced down to see a stupid book titled "The swim coach bible"