Thursday, December 20, 2007

A walk down memory lane

Here's the lowdown: it's the second day of my last semester of school, and I don't know what to do with myself. Even though this is my fourth first week of school, I still haven't figured out how to handle this first week. I feel guilty. I keep thinking, "Okay, Maddie, school is back in session. I should be head over heels in homework right now." But I'm not. And even though I do not want to be head over heels in homework, it drives me crazy that I'm not. Because of this fear I've had throughout my entire college career, but has grown 100 times bigger because this is my last semester. I'm so afraid I'm going to bomb a class--flat-out fail. And if I did that this semester, it would ruin everything. I wouldn't be able to graduate. So I should be starting NOW--on all my papers, assignments, readings for the whole semester, right? Just get EVERYTHING done, before my professors even teach me how.

I'm driving myself insane. Hopefully one of these nights I will be able to stop thinking about bombing and calm down enough to get some somewhat sufficient sleep.

One thing that has helped me snap out of it a little was finding this picture of me and Ben. This was our second date, in October of 2005. We went to Ben's extended family's Halloween party. Yep, I met all of Ben's extended family for the first time dressed in my Auntie Chris's dress and my mother's vest from the '70s. You can't really tell in the picture, but Ben's pants were REALLY tight. Mostly in the back. OW-OW!
























2 comments:

Nedge said...

ha ha ha!
I know how you feel about homework, especially since I pretty much was a inch from bombing last semester. I'm really on top of things now (I hope.)

Just so ya know...I needed a new desktop background, and i used that picture...

Lauren said...

Eww, tight pants. Hope he didn't have a tight pants fart. Maybe you should come to my stress management class to help you with your anxiety. Or you could come to human sexuality. You choose.