Friday, March 12, 2010

Thinking about cows

Now, I have not had much experience with cows giving birth. But I have arrived at the scene of a birth just minutes after it took place. Without going into too much detail, the calf was kind of slimy and just laying on the ground. The momma (the heffer?) though? She was just standing there chompin away on some grass. Like nothing exciting had even just happened. Now that I think back to that experience, I wonder if the momma even knew that anything was even going on when she gave birth. I bet she was thinking, "Wow, I've got some gas. Hmm. I better start chompin on some more grass."

I wish I could ask Dwight from The Office what the cows go through when they have calfs. He should create some kind of askdwight.com Web site.

Anyway, things like that have been on my mind lately.

No comments: