Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Writer's block

-Spring high school sports have started! Softball, baseball, soccer, ect. So, I have plenty to write about. The tricky part is getting in contact with the coaches. As long as I have been writing for various newspapers, I have always been nervous about my deadlines for some reason. They loom over my head and I go into this crazed mode to get all my work done. I think I need to chill out a little bit.

-Which is what I did on Monday evening. Ben and I started a child-birthing class. For about 20 minutes of the class Monday, I laid on the hard floor in the dark, listened to funky wind chime music and envisioned my womb. It sounds very funny, but the class as a whole was extremely informative and helped me relax a little bit and feel more confident. And Ben learned how to massage and stretch my aching back and hips -- that was pretty awesome. The "coaches" (that's Ben) also got a massage from their partners, too, so they wouldn't feel left out.

-I want to say THANK YOU to all the Copper Hills High School swimmers who very sweetly pitched in for a coach gift card. We got a great car seat with thier help!

-I am improving on my cake-decorating skills. (A little) Here is my latest creation: A red velvet birthday cake for Natalie. (I have to admit, Ben did the letters. That kind of stuff is just way beyond my capacities.)

No comments: